- TOKARA Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil More info
- TOKARA Multi Varietal – Extra Virgin Olive Oil More info
- TOKARA Mission – Extra Virgin Olive Oil More info
- TOKARA Frantoio – Extra Virgin Olive Oil More info
- TOKARA Leccino – Extra Virgin Olive Oil More info
- TOKARA Gift Pack – Extra Virgin Olive Oil More info
Tokara Olive OilThroughout the classical wine-producing regions of the world, there is a natural association between the olive grove and the vineyard. At TOKARA, this celebrated relationship is being continued. The Olive Shed and its groves are situated on the TOKARA farm and can therefore be associated with much of the interesting site’s history. The groves, for example, are planted on the steepest slopes of the farm, known historically as ‘De Hel’, which is an abbreviation of the Dutch word ‘helling’, meaning “steep heights”.
It was from this‘Hel’, that the name of the renowned ‘Helshoogte’ Pass nearby was derived. The Olive Shed project began in 2000 with the establishment of a 4 ha olive grove. In 2001, just 500 bottles were produced from purchased fruit, and sold out within two weeks. In 2002, a more substantial 18 000 litres were produced, with 8000 litres being bottled under The Olive Shed label. Today, this figure is considerable higher and prospects are that it will continue to rise well into the future.